Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The journey thus far - Rakesh speaks

Rakesh Bhatt

Singer-Dancer-Puppeteer-Leader, Rakesh lives in the Kathputli Artisans' Colony, Shadipur. He wishes to learn and understand as much as he can about gender, sexuality and violence with the intention of using this knowledge to to improve the lives of people in his community. 








"I am Rakesh. I live in New Delhi but I belong to Rajasthan. I'm an artist. I've been abroad three times to perform dance. I like traveling because it gives me the chance to meet new people and get experience."


Rakesh is among the 20 fellows selected for the Pratiti journey in Delhi.
Read what he has to say about his experiences so far:

"Pratiti ka safar mere liye ab tak ka bohot hi behtreen safar raha. Jab humari pehli workshop thi USO House mein woh atmosphere mere liye bilkul naya tha. Us din mein bohot nervous tha. Hum 20 log chune gaye the jinme se sabhi logo se meri jaan pehchaan nahi hui the. Lekin phir humari 2 din ki Residential workshop aise me sabhi logo ache se jaanne ka maukamila. Sabhi ki zindagiyon se alag-alag awaaze sunne ko mili. Mene bhi apni kahani share ki or bohot hi dilchasp raha. 

Mera pratiti se judne ka main ek reason yeh thi ki mein yaha se kuch seekh kar jaun or apne doston or families me share karu. Is safar ne mujhe apne aap ko aur gehrai se samajhne ka mauka diya. Pratiti facilitators Aditya, Arushi and Sukhmani they all are very nice people. Inhone hume bohot achche se facilitate kiya. Mujhe zyada English samajh nahi aati. Jab bhi koi team member English me baat karta toh facilitators hume bohot hi ache se hindi me translate late karte hai. Mujhe bohot acha lgta hai. 

And yes, one of my favourite session was with Arushi ‘heart to heart’. Session se pehle mein bohot hi nervous tha. I felt like I am in panic zone. Lekin hum dono jab baithe toh bas apne aap hi jo baate mere dil me thi sab baahar aane lagi. Is session me mujhe bohot acha or halka mehsus ho raha tha. Dil kar raha tha bas ye session chalta hi rahe. I am actually very happy to have this beautiful experience and journey. Thank you Pratiti..."

---
Follow the Pratiti blog for more beautiful updates from the fellows as they narrate their journeys of growth and transformation into gender leaders...

No comments:

Post a Comment